School Psychology at EIU
Welcome to the School Psychology Program at Eastern Illinois University! The program was established in 1969 as a Masters Program, and the Specialist in School Psychology has been granted since 1991. For over 40 years, our graduates have served children with distinction in the State of Illinois and other states across the nation.
Qualities of the program that contribute to its success include:
- an excellent student-faculty ratio with abundant opportunities for student-faculty collaboration
- core courses are taught by individuals with extensive experience in the schools
- all courses are taught by faculty with doctoral degrees
- a strong sense of cohesiveness among students
- extensive opportunities to apply classroom learning to school settings through three semesters of practical, real-world experiences
- an emphasis on the scientist-practitioner model of training
- financial support in the form of graduate assistantships for about 80% of our on-campus students
- an extensive network of loyal and active alumni
We're excited about your interest in our program, so make sure you explore the whole web site. We especially encourage you to learn more about the program, read this letter from the program's graduate coordinator, or look into applying!
Why Choose EIU for Your Grad Studies?
We believe in everything our program has to offer, but let's narrow it down to a few key reasons you should check us out.