Psychology Department Assessment
Congratulations to the Psychology Department Assessment Committee for earning a first place for the Provost’s Assessment Award!
Psychology Department Learning Goals for Psychology Undergraduate Students, Approved 12/2/05
- Content Area Knowledge: Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding representing appropriate breadth and depth in the primary content areas of psychology.
- Research: Students will demonstrate skills in designing and conducting research, analyzing data, and interpreting results in the context of current theories in psychology
- Technology: Students will demonstrate familiarity with computer technologies used in conducting psychological research and learning psychological principles.
- Critical Thinking: Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills with regards to psychology.
- Communication: Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate information about psychology effectively.
- Global Citizenship/Ethical Behavior: Students will interact effectively, sensitively, and ethically with people from diverse backgrounds and demonstrate understanding of the sociocultural contexts that influence individual differences
The following document provides a comprehensive report of the Psychology Department's Assessment Activites.
- Assessment Committee Report, 2013-2014
- Assessment Committee Report, 2012-2013
- Assessment Committee Report, 2011-2012 (CASA Response)
- Assessment Committee Report, 2010-2011
- Assessment Committee Report, 2009-2010 (CASA Response)
- Assessment Committee Report, 2006-2007
Psychology Comprehensive Exam
This exam is for all graduating seniors in the psychology major.