Gaining Experience Before Attending Law School:
- Legal Internship - Deciding whether or not the legal profession is for you is a difficult decision. A legal internship at EIU will give you the legal experience and fulfill credit hours.
- Moot Court - Moot Court is an excellent way to learn the rules of court procedure in an exciting environment.
- Phi Alpha Delta/Pre-Law Society - This is Eastern's pre-law fraternity, which offers a variety of benefits to pre-law students at EIU.
- Take at least one public law class to see if you like reading appellate court cases; this is most of what you will do in law school.
- Consider the Pre-Law Minor.