Once you are accepted as a graduate student in our program, you may be eligible for a graduate assistantship award, which provides you with a monthly stipend and tuition waiver for 2 semesters, with a 6 credit hour summer tuition waiver. Graduate assistants work with faculty on research projects and help with grading for 18 hours per week.
- Our current stipend is $890 per month, from September through May, for a total of $8010 for the full academic year.
- You can apply for an assistantship when you apply to the program.
- For students already enrolled in the graduate program, you can apply for an assistantship here.
- Fall assistantship applications are typically due March 1.
- Spring assistantship applications are typically due November 1.
- The assistantships are very competitive, and most are distributed beginning in the fall semester.
In addition to departmental assistantships, additional assistantships exists across the university. You can check for available assistantships here.
Information about additional graduate level scholarships are available here.
International Student Tuition Waivers
We have a diverse graduate student body, including a number of international students. We have had students come to our department from all over the world, including Albania, Azerbaijan, Brazil, China, Estonia, Ghana, Hungary, India, Japan, Latvia, Romania, Senegal, Togo, Nigeria and Zimbabwe. International students should also apply for the International Student Scholarship, which provides a tuition waiver up to nine hours of graduate coursework.