Signing up for Orientation, Advisement & Registration
All incoming students (freshmen and transfers) are required to attend an Orientation, Advisement & Registration program. This program will aid students in navigating through various activities that need to be accomplished prior to the beginning of their first semester. Students will meet with advisers, create their schedules for the coming semester, get their Panther Card, and much more!
To sign up for a program you MUST use your MyEIU portal.
MyEIU is a portal to personalize your web access to Eastern Illinois University. You can check your admission status, your financial aid status, register for your Orientation, Advisement & Registration program, and register for housing, on your very own profile page.
From Eastern's home page, select MyEIU and log in.
Click on View Entire Checklist Here.
Under Orientation/Transition (New Student Programs) you will see one of three statuses:
1. Not Available (you cannot register yet for a program date):
- Freshmen will not be able to register for a program until March 1, 2013.
- Transfers will be able to register approximately two weeks after their admission date.
2. Not Started (you are eligible to register but have not started the process yet):
- Click Register
- Select program date
- Enter number of guests attending (do NOT include yourself as a guest)
- Enter your cell phone number
- Select number of transferring credits
- Select your Veteran's status
- Select your living location
- Select your feeling about transferring to EIU
3. Completed (you have successfully registered for a program date)!
All of these statuses have an option to click for more details about the program, including how to register and a program schedule.
If you have any problems registering, please call the New Student Programs office at 217-581-6435.