The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools is the accrediting body for Eastern Illinois University and will conduct a site visit on October 20, 21, and 22, 2014.
A draft of EIU’s 2014 North Central Association (NCA) Self-Study report is now available as a downloadable PDF. We hope that all members of the EIU campus community will read the report carefully to help identify any instances of incomplete, missing, or inaccurate information, as well as identify strengths in the report, by April 28, 2014.
There are multiple ways to provide feedback on the report.
- Enter your comments in the online form. Your name and email address are required in case we need clarification about any comments you provide. Your comments will be sent to Jeff Stowell (email@example.com), NCA co-chair, and forwarded to the respective subcommittee co-chairs.
- Attend the final NCA Seminar 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, in the Martin Luther King University 7th Street Underground Loft. During the seminar, tables will be set up for each of the five criteria where participants can provide specific feedback to the subcommittee co-chairs.
Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on sections of the 2014 NCA self-study report. Your input is extremely valuable to the Steering Committee and will play an important role in finalizing the report prior to the NCA evaluation team’s site visit October 20-22, 2014.
Download the Report
Note: final formatting and links to source documents are not complete, nor is the conclusion
- What is the value?
- What is the process?
- How can I participate in the self-study and accreditation process?
- What are the Accreditation Criteria?
- Why is the self-study and accreditation important to EIU?
- What goals have been set for the self-study by the steering committee?