The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools is the accrediting body for Eastern Illinois University and will conduct a site visit on October 20, 21, and 22, 2014.
| What is the value?|
- Provides public certification of quality
- Provides opportunity and incentive for self-improvement
- Provides a process for making improvements
- Provides advice and consultation from experienced evaluators
| What is the process?|
- Select a Steering Committee
- Complete a self-assessment
- Submit an electronic report
- Complete a site visit
- Receive a report from the NCA site team
| How can I participate in the self-study and accreditation process?|
- Check the Self-Study Web Site for updates and opportunities to participate.
- Invite an NCA Ambassador, Steering Committee Member, or Subcommittee Member to present information about the process to your administrative unit.
- Complete the NCA Self-Study Survey.
- Attend a First Friday Seminar scheduled in the Loft of the Union at 7:30 am. Dates: September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6, 2013; February 7, March 7, April 4, and May 2, 2014.
- Review and provide feedback on the self-study drafts.
- Participate in the Site Visit Interviews.
| What are the Accreditation Criteria?|
- Criterion 1- Mission.
- Criterion 2- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct.
- Criterion 3- Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support.
- Criterion 4- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement.
- Criterion 5- Resources, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Criteria Details: http://www.ncahlc.org/Information-for-Institutions/criteria-for-accreditation.html
| Why is the self-study and accreditation important to EIU??|
- To chart progress during the last decade.
- To identify areas for improvement.
- To remain current and competitive in higher education.
| What goals have been set for the self-study by the steering committee?|
- Achievements: Living the Mission: View the Video here: xxxx/xxxx
- Engagement: An Engaged Community
- Unity: A Unified Community
Back to Top