The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools is the accrediting body for Eastern Illinois University and will conduct a site visit on October 20, 21, and 22, 2014.
See the site visitors' schedules here.
Site team assignments.
The final report submitted to the HLC on August 25, 2014 is now available for download.
| What is the value?|
- Provides public certification of quality
- Provides opportunity and incentive for self-improvement
- Provides a process for making improvements
- Provides advice and consultation from experienced evaluators
| What is the process?|
- Select a Steering Committee
- Complete a self-assessment
- Submit an electronic report
- Complete a site visit
- Receive a report from the NCA site team
| How can I participate in the self-study and accreditation process?|
- Check the Self-Study Web Site for updates and opportunities to participate.
- Invite an NCA Ambassador, Steering Committee Member, or Subcommittee Member to present information about the process to your administrative unit.
- Complete the NCA Self-Study Survey.
- Attend a First Friday Seminar scheduled in the Loft of the Union at 7:30 am. Dates: September 6, October 4, November 1, December 6, 2013; February 7, March 7, April 4, and May 2, 2014.
- Review and provide feedback on the self-study drafts.
- Participate in the Site Visit Interviews.
| What are the Accreditation Criteria?|
- Criterion 1- Mission.
- Criterion 2- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct.
- Criterion 3- Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support.
- Criterion 4- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement.
- Criterion 5- Resources, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness.
- Criteria Details: http://www.ncahlc.org/Information-for-Institutions/criteria-for-accreditation.html
| Why is the self-study and accreditation important to EIU??|
- To chart progress during the last decade.
- To identify areas for improvement.
- To remain current and competitive in higher education.
| What goals have been set for the self-study by the steering committee?|
- Achievements: Living the Mission: View the Video here: xxxx/xxxx
- Engagement: An Engaged Community
- Unity: A Unified Community
Back to Top