Dr. Zhe (Richard) Wang, CMA
Office: 3615 - Lumpkin Hall
Frequently Taught CoursesIntermediate Accounting (ACC3200); Financial Accounting Standards (ACC5200); Accounting for MBA (MBA5010).
- PhD in Accounting (2009), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- BCA with Honours (1st Class) in Accounting (2005) Victoria University of Wellington
- BCA in Accounting & Commercial Law (2004), Victoria University of Wellington
Professional OrganizationsInstitute of Management Accountants, American Accounting Association.
ResearchFinancial decision-making techniques and tools, Long-term strategy, and Accounting Conservatism.
- Measures of Accounting Conservatism: A Construct Validity Perspective (2009), Journal of Accounting Literature, with Ciaran O Hogartaigh and Tony van Zijl.
- The Asymmetric Market Valuation of Nonrecurring Items and Accounting Conservatism (2012). Academy of Business Journal, Vol. 2.
- Operating Risk and Accounting Conservatism: An Empirical Study (2013), The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, Forthcoming.