Scholarships for Current EIU Students or Transfer Students
- E.H. Taylor, two year award in mathematics (Awarded annually) Application (pdf)
- Stephen Alan Coon Mathematics Scholarship, one year award for current sophomores (Awarded annually) Application (pdf)
- John George Wozencraft, Jr. Memorial Award, one year award (Awarded in odd-numbered years)Application (pdf)
- Nancy P. Taitt Mathematics Scholarship (Awarded annually) Application (pdf)
Additional scholarships are awarded to returning students. No application is necessary as these are selected from faculty nominations.
Questions should be address to:
Dr. Marshall Lassak, Scholarship Committee Chair
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Charleston, IL 61920
- have at least 3.00 GPA with at least 3.00 GPA in mathematics
- have completed at least three (3) mathematics courses that will apply to one of the department's majors. Preference will be given to applicants with more than three (3) mathematics or computer science courses.
- Current EIU students must have at least 43 semester hours excluding credit earned by examinations. In addition, the applicant may have completed no more than 3 semesters of college work, not including summer sessions.
- By the beginning of fall semester, a community college student must complete an AA or AS degree. A transcript including fall semester should be sent with the application.
Stephen Alan Coon Mathematics Scholarship, one year award for current sophomores (Awarded annually)
- have an overall GPA between 3.00 and 3.50;
- display a need for financial aid; and
- have completed no more than three (3) semesters of college work (not including summer school).
The department will award the John George Wozencraft, Jr. Memorial Award to a full-time student in good standing who is currently enrolled at EIU majoring in one of its programs. This is an endowed scholarship which is awarded every other year. To be eligible a student must display a need for financial aid. Application (pdf)
To be eligible a student must display a need for financial aid.
The department will award the Nancy P. Taitt Mathematics Scholarship to a student currently enrolled at EIU as a sophomore or junior majoring in elementary education with concentration in mathematics. Subject to the availability of funds, we anticipate this year's award to be approximately $250, paid at the beginning of the fall semester.
To be eligible a student must be a second semester sophomore or junior majoring in elementary education with an area of concentration in mathematics at Eastern Illinois University. This includes students pursuing the middle school option. Application (pdf)