School of Technology
Need: Technology Future Fund
The School of Technology has experienced many changes since its inception in 1902, but one thing has always remained the same: a commitment to using hands-on learning to prepare our students for success. We believe our students learn best when they work with our faculty on projects, on equipment and in classrooms that provide practical experiences that give them a better understanding of their work and a competitive advantage in the job market.
New technologies introduced in the classroom help simulate experiences that students can expect in the workplace and provide the tools necessary for the workers of today and tomorrow. In today’s fast-paced world, technology is changing rapidly, making it necessary for us to work even harder at keeping our students on the cutting edge of their chosen professions.
Finding affordable ways to deliver a quality education to our students presents challenges. The cost of implementing newtechnologies and training faculty and staff to use them remains high. Our faculty members look forward to opportunities to keep current with advancing methods, but funds are not always available to support their efforts.
We can only create such opportunities through your support. That’s why we’re creating an endowed Technology Future Fund, with a goal of raising $500,000 to generate the annual funds to allow us to keep up to date with technological advancements and provide maintenance on existing technologies. This fund is integral to our future and the future of our graduates.
Specific Uses for the Technology Future Fund:
Career and Technical Education
- Provide educational technologies for teachers and our future leaders.
- Enhance existing equipment and acquire new tools for new technologies and expanded applications.
Organizational and Professional Development
- Deliver courses at remote off-campus locations.
- Enhance our graduates’ ability to compete in the job market by providing them the tools to gain the background and experience needed to successfully enter the worlds of industry, education and government.
Applied Engineering and Technology
- Enhance our students’ ability to manage technology through the use of professional tools not currently available to them.
- Enhance important facilities that directly impact our ability to provide accredited programs.
- Provide student groups the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge to their members through competitions and other events.
- Upgrade existing lab equipment and facilities.
- Allow experts from industry to give on-campus training to groups of students.
- Equip our students and faculty with the necessary tools needed for important research
- Deliver graduate courses on- and off-campus in the most efficient means possible.