Mac OS X Native VPN
Please follow these steps to setup the native VPN on Mac OS X.
1. Download and open EIUMacVPN.zip (The download requires signing in with your EIU e-mail address and NetID password.)
2. Double-click EIUoncampusVPN.networkConnect. If you receive a prompt that it was an application downloaded from the Internet, click the 'Open' button to proceed.
3. The Network - System Preferences window will open and import the On-campus VPN configuration.
4. With the new 'VPN (IPSec)' connection selected, click the gear below and choose 'Rename Service...'.
5. Rename the service to: EIU On-campus VPN
6. Enter your NetID in the Account Name field and ensure 'Show VPN status in menu bar' is checked.
7. Double-click the EIUoffcampusVPN.networkConnect file.
8. Rename the added 'VPN (IPSec)' service to: EIU Off-campus VPN
9. Replace 'NetID' with your NetID in the Account Name field and ensure 'Show VPN status in menu bar' is checked.
10. Click the 'Authentication Settings...' button to confirm that the shared secret and group name were successfully imported.
11. The 'Shared Secret' field should have dots in it and the 'Group Name' filed should have 'eiufas' entered. If the 'Shared Secret' field is blank, enter the secret from the secret.txt text file included in the downloaded zip file.
12. Hit 'Apply'.
After you test that the VPN is working, you may safely delete the EIUMacVPN.zip, EIUoncampusVPN.networkConnect, secret.txt, and EIUoffcampusVPN.networkConnect files.
To connect to the VPN, click the VPN status icon in the menu bar and select 'Connect EIU Off-campus VPN' if you are off-campus or 'Connect EIU On-campus VPN' if you are using EIU wireless on campus.
At the prompt, enter your NetID password and click 'Ok'.
You are now connected to the VPN and can access on-campus resources.
To disconnect from the VPN, click the VPN status icon in the menu bar and select 'Disconnect...' for the network from which you are connected.