SELF HELP - Desktop Use
What is Citrix and how do I login?
Citrix is an application server and software services package which enhances application and data access over networks and the Internet. In application serving, software applications reside and execute on the server. Keystrokes, mouse clicks, and screen updates travel the network between the server and the end user's device. This enables high-speed performance of software on a device, no matter how old. This centralized application management approach to software distribution allows delivery of productivity and instructional software across any platform to any device on or off campus, as long as Internet access is available.
1. Open a Web browser and go to http://www.eiu.edu/~cats/citrix/
Instructions specific to Students and Faculty / Staff are displayed at the main entry page:
2. Once logged in, Citrix will check for the appropriate Citrix client software installed on your computer. If it finds none, you will get an option to install it.
EIU Citrix applications:
- Adobe CS5
- Acrobat 9.3 Professional Dreamweaver Fireworks
- Illustrator InDesign Photoshop
- The Brain
Microsoft Office Suite:
- Access 2007&2010 Excel 2007&2010
- PowerPoint 2007&2010 Word 2007&2010
- Publisher 2007&2010 Project 2007
- Matchware Mindview 4 Visio 2007
- Matchware Mediator 9 WinPlot
- Respondus (SPSS is now called IBM PASW Statistics)
- SALT 2008 IV SPSS 17, 18 and 19
- Sniffy the Virtual Rat Symyx Draw
For Citrix support, call Gregg Technology Center at 581-7632 or the Lumpkin lab at 581-7019