SELF HELP - D2L
Respondus Lockdown browser, how does it work?
1. Close all programs, unless one is used to connect to the Internet.
2. Locate the "LockDown Browser" shortcut on the desktop (or from the Start menu) and double-click it for Windows users, or for Macintosh users, launch "LockDown Browser" from the Applications folder.
3. If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. instant messaging), choose Yes. If you do not close the blocked program, Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) will close. If you are prompted to close another application, but that application is not running, try restarting your computer and then run the LockDown Browser.
4. After the program starts, select the version of SacCT your instructor is using.
5. Login to SacCT.
6. Go to your course and navigate to the assessment or test.
7. Read the instructions and click Begin. If the Begin button is disabled, it means you are not running LockDown Browser – return to step 1 above.
8. If you receive a pop-up to enter a password, then enter the password you received from your instructor (select Yes and click Continue). If no password was given, select No and click Continue.
9. The system knows when you are using LDB and will enter the system password for you on the next screen.
10.Once an assessment is started, you cannot exit until the Finish button is clicked.