questions? ask eiu

J-Visa Advisement

This section of the website is dedicated to giving students, scholars and their dependents on a J-visa vital information to ensure that their time studying inside the US is an excellent experience. Listed below are the documents to help you maintain your visa status. Please do not hesitate to call the office and make an appointment at (217)581-2321 or send an email to

Maintaining Your Status for J-1 Students

Maintaining Your Status for J-1 Scholars

Employment for J-1 Students, Scholars and J-2 Dependents