Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences International Merit Award
The Lumpkin College of Business and Applied Sciences International Merit Award is open to newly admitted international students seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree majoring in the areas of business or applied sciences. Awards are competitive and designed to promote cultural exchange and diversity. Awards may be granted on the basis of one or both of the following: academic excellence and personal essay. The scholarship is a one-time award which pays $1500 toward tuition, fees or other expenses for the spring 2015 semester for minimum full-time enrollment in EIU courses. See below for details about eligibility and deadlines.Eligibility Requirements
- Be admitted to EIU as full-time, degree-seeking student
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (undergraduate), 3.0 (graduate), as converted to the EIU grading scale
- A new international student with full academic admission to Eastern Illinois University for the semester in which they are applying and a declared major in Business, Technology, or Family Consumer Sciences. For more information about the various majors and options within each School, please visit:
- Demonstrate proof of funding for tuition, living expenses and fees (see financial affidavit form at http://www.eiu.edu/~interntl/)
- Submit a 500-1000 word essay on “Why I want to study at EIU?” Be sure to include your financial need for the merit award and your future goals.
- Complete the merit award application
*Students are encouraged to apply for the merit award as soon as they are admitted to EIU
The deadline for scholarship applications:
Spring semester: October 31
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed.
You can find a link to the scholarship application here:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact International Students and Scholars at 001-217-581-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org