Hi, I am looking forward to sharing stories with you soon!
Spring 2011 Office Hours
Frequently Taught CoursesVideo Production, Web Design, Multimedia, Social Networking Tools, Creative Arts, Podcasting, Streaming Media Services, Webcasting, so on and so forth...
·1998, Postdoctoral Certificate, Multimedia Design and Management, San Diego State University, California, Defense Conversion Program, Educational Technologies Division. Advanced courses involving instructional management, technology, game theory, and multimedia in the delivery of education and business training programs.
·1995, Ph.D., Management and Administration specializing in Multimedia and Distance Education, Walden University, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Doctoral dissertation topic: "An Assessment of Corporate Culture and Resistance to Technological Change in Education and Management: A Delphi Approach."
·1984, Ed.M., Human Services Management, Boston University, Frankfurt, Germany. Master’s thesis topic: "Human Factors Engineering in Human Service and Health Organizations."
·1983, Top Honor Graduate, (#1 out of 339), Primary Leadership Training, NCO Academy, Landstuhl, Germany: Active Duty Army, 1979-1984.
·1979, B.S., Major: Radio and Television. Minor: Theater, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
For more information, please visit the Speakers Bureau Webpage.
- 2006—Now, Tutorials for teaching technology and business courses. Including: Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, In-Design, Filmmaking utilizing Adobe Premiere and Apple Final Cut Pro—Studio 2, Camtasia, Nero, Sorenson Squeeze, HTML, Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Access, and Excel.
- 2003—2006, Online course development utilizing eCollege delivery platform for DeVry University.
- 2000—2005, Developed online and classroom business curricula for Prentice Hall Publishing. Wrote business management video scripts and interactive text and exercises in the development of the online curricula for printed, classroom, and online tutorials. Interactive textbook and instructional Website development.
- 2001—2003, Faculty newsletter delivered online weekly to University of Phoenix faculty.
- 1999—2003, Professional Development courseware for faculty seminars—including videos, DVDs, CDs, handbooks, brochures, and Website development in the delivery of faculty training in online course development and delivery, writing across the curriculum, and utilizing technology in the classroom.
- 2001, Excellence in Teaching, University of Phoenix, St. Louis, MO. Creating Interactive and Engaging Learning Environments, co-hosted with Kansas City, MO Campus. Organizer.
- 2000, International Conference on Teaching Online in Higher Education utilizing interactive Lingua-MOO virtual reality technologies, The Higher Learning Commission, Presenter.
Funding & Grants
Marketing and Group Dynamics — More than 20 years of experience as trainer, leader, and educator. Excellent selling and marketing skills. Created, published, and produced literally hundreds of videos, brochures, full color magazines, electronic-based tutorials, Web designs, and marketing campaigns resulting in millions of dollars in revenue generation. Lead creative role in integrating brands across multiple mediums, including Web, print, direct mail, and video.
Professional Management and Leadership — Researched and developed decision support systems, organizational development techniques, distance education delivery, entrepreneurial skills, virtual teams, team-building, and productivity improvement processes for four educational institutions and three government organizations, internationally. Highly skilled in utilizing Lean Methodology, Six Sigma, and Total Quality Management.
Corporate Engineering — Exceptionally high level of writing, editing, and creative media writing skills, particularly as related to promotions and corporate return on investment. Successful grant writer with seven successful grant applications and awards earned with the Departments of Education and Commerce, and Missouri and Illinois State approving authorities. Exceptional program assessment, professional and program development experience, statistical analysis, and research program development and assessment.
American Marketing Association, St. Louis, MO
American Legion, Maryville, IL
Digital Multimedia Association, St. Louis, MO
National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, San Diego, CA
American Management Association, St. Louis, MO