The following publications have been created by IHEC for use by institutions of higher education in Illinois. Follow the links below to view files.
1. IHEC Reports
- Professional Development Needs Assessment for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Professionals (PDF): An assessment of AOD prevention education needs for higher ed professionals in the state of Illinois - 2015.
- Institutional Comprehensive Alcohol and Other Drug Program Assessment (PDF): An assessment of alcohol prevention at colleges and universities in the state of Illinois- 2013.
- Institutional Comprehensive Alcohol and Other Drug Program Assessment (PDF 1.84MB): An assessment of alcohol prevention at colleges and universities in the state of Illinois- 2011.
- Alcohol Prevention Efforts Within Illinois Institutions of Higher Education (PDF 2.40 MB): An assessment of alcohol prevention at colleges and universities in the state of Illinois
- Welcome to IHEC! (PDF 235KB) - an overview of all of our services
- Consultation & Site Visit (PDF flyer 567KB) - a brief overview of this service
- Family Brochure (PDF 6.14MB)
- Information and materials pre-prepared to allow you to conduct a small group norms challenging program on your campus.
4. Other reports
- Marijuana and the Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act. Medical marijuana on campus and the DFSCA.
- Social Media Tips & Tricks (.pdf) By David Closson
- Powdered Alcohol Flyer (.pdf) A brief synopsis of powdered alcohol; it's history and the current legal status across the U.S.
- Blueprint for Evidenced-Based Alcohol Prevention (PDF 323 KB): A review of current alcohol prevention literature.
- Evidence-Based Manual (PDF 379 KB): A guide for evidence-based prevention practice implementation in Illinois.
- Monograph (Word Document 80.5KB): 21 Minimum Bar Entry Age: An in-depth look at the minimum 21 bar entry age policy, the problems it seeks to remedy, obstacles to instituting the policy statewide, and how the MBEA policy solves problems regarding high-risk alcohol use.