Welcome Guide (pdf) is full of great information to get you started at EIU.
Required Training for New Employees - explains the four mandatory trainings that all new employees must take as soon as they are hired.
Checklists for an organized and smooth transition into the job for:
President Perry's Letter to the Community - President Perry's conclusions with regard to EIU's values, strategic objectives, potential, priorities, and resources were drawn from the content of the meetings with various groups of faculty, staff, students, and university friends.
Booth Library - offers a wonderful selection of housed and on-line materials. The Ballenger Teacher's Center offers reading times for children.
Dining Service - is not just for students. EIU employees may eat at the Food Court and any residence hall dining. You can put money on your Panther Card to help make paying for the meals and snacks easier and more economical.
Educational Opportunities for the non-traditional student - Classes are offered on weekends, nights, and on-line to meet the needs of the non-traditional student.
Facilities Planning and Management - Facilities Planning and Management is complex but vital part to the operations of Eastern.
HR & You Newsletters - An informational newsletter for timely and pertinent information that affects you as an employee.
LGBTQA - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Ally WebCenter - to support an open, welcoming, and collaborative campus environment for students, faculty, and staff.
Panther Card - may be used for many purposes such as Library card, purchase meals in the Food Court/Residence Hall Dining, vending machines, Debit card with First Mid-Illinois, and so much more.
Shared Governance -
- Civil Service Council - Non-negotiated Civil Service employees
- Staff Senate - Staff of EIU
- Faculty Senate - Faculty members
- Council on University Planning & Budget - Advisory council to the President
Start Right Stay Right - is helpful hints to get you started on the right path with co-workers, supervisor, and your success.
Student Community Service - volunteering opportunities for students and staff.
Training Opportunities -
- Office of Training & Development - provides programs and other assistance to ensure employees are afforded the opportunity to maximize their effectiveness as members of the university community and to magnify their contribution to the success of the university.
- Center for Academic Technology & Support - CATS - provides workshops/training to support and promote all academic departments in the use of information and communication technologies for teaching and learning at Eastern Illinois University.
- Faculty Development - provides workshops to develop and enable excellent faculty to provide high quality service and leadership across the University's integrated missions of teaching, research, scholarship and creative activities
Where to Go for Answers- provides a list of functions, processes, and procedures and which department is responsible.
Learn More About Charleston