Senior Staff Assistant Application
Senior Staff Assistant Application 2013
The Senior Staff Assistant is an integral part of the University’s Greek Court Housing Complex as administered by University Housing & Dining Services in conjunction with the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Programs. As staff members of University Housing & Dining Services, Senior Staff Assistants are committed to the important task of building community in the undergraduate education experience and supporting the goals of the University.
Senior Staff Assistants serve as liaisons and resource persons. They promote integration of all aspects of campus life and assisting the chapter leadership in establishing an environment in the fraternity chapter house that is supportive of the educational objectives of Eastern Illinois University.
Senior Staff Assistants are expected to display sensitivity to individual differences, acceptance of all students, and the ability to listen. Senior Staff Assistants are expected to serve as a positive role model and to exhibit consistency in performing their duties.
Senior Staff Assistants may not serve or be elected to the Presidency or any other positions in their affiliated fraternity/sorority that would require them to live in their own Chapter House. Candidates should not serve in an elected position for the Residence Hall Association or IFC/NPHC/PHC Greek Governing Councils.
For more information about the Senior Staff Assistant position, please see the Job Description.
Applicants must also create an eRezLife account using their EIU e-mail address and add eRezLife Software System (email@example.com) to their contacts in order to receive communications regarding the Senior Staff Assistant position.
Qualifications for the position
- Junior or Senior student standing during the period of appointment.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application and maintained throughout the appointment.
- Previous experience in managing a group living environment is preferred (i.e., Resident Assistant, Summer Conference Assistant, Chapter House Manager or Chapter Executive Officer).
- Available to serve and live in the Greek Court Housing Unit the entire academic year.
- In good behavioral and academic standing with the University.
- Membership in a fraternity/sorority preferred, but not required.
Timeline for the Resident Assistant Hiring Process
|Oct. 14th - Nov. 15th||SSA Informational Meetings||TBA|
|Nov. 19th||SSA Applications Due|
|Dec. 2nd - Dec. 6th||SSA Round 1 Interviews||TBA|
|Jan. 27th - Jan. 31st||SSA Round 2 Interviews||TBA|
|Feb. 3rd||SSA Selection & Placement|
|Feb. 14th||SSA Letters Delivered|