How to Report a Problem
If you would like to report an issue or concern with the facilities fill to the form at eiu.edu/housing/laundry_wrk.php.
There are Panther Card operated washers and dryers available for use by residents in all Housing Facilities (Residence Halls, Greek Court, University Court, & University Apartments).
Cost per load to wash is $1.75 and drying is free. Laundry can be paid for using the cash-to-chip feature on your Panther Card. There are cash-to-chip machines located in the lobbies of each residence hall as well as at the front desk in Greek Court, in the main office of University Court, and in Round one laundry facility in University Apartments.
The washing machines used are energy efficient and require high efficiency detergent. The use of non-high efficiency detergent will create ware on our machines and cause them to malfunction. Most major brands will offer high efficiency detergents, which will be marked with "HE" on the label. There is no extra cost to purchase high efficiency detergent.
Tips & Tricks
- Use high efficiency detergent
- Beware of bleach! Only use on whites
- Or use color safe bleach
- Separate loads into lights and darks Or whites, lights, darks, & delicates
- Temperature is key:
- Pre-treat stains before washing
- To prevent static cling, use dryer sheets when drying
- Do not overload washing machines
- Only fill 1/2 or 3/4 full
- Do no overload dryer or clothes will not dry properly
- Be cautious of shrinking clothes in the dryer