Signs of gambling problem
- Much of your thoughts and or concentration are focused on gambling.
- Time loss from school or work due to gambling.
- Relationships with others are being affected because of gambling.
- Gambling with borrowed money or credit cards, that you know you can't pay back
- After a loss do you feel you much play again to regain losses?
- After a win do you feel like you need to keep playing to win more?
- Considering stealing to finance gambling?
- Considering suicide as a result of gambling?
- There are more than 1,400 internet gambling sites on the Web.
- Internet gambling is the fastest growing part of the gambling industry.
- The United States has no regulations or control over Internet gambling.
(Oregon State University, 2007)
Gambling can lead to a serious addiction. To find out more about gambling or to evaluate a friend's gambling practices - call the Financial Health Education Coordinator. You can also set up a One-On-One financial assessment with the Financial Health Education Coordinator. To schedule call (217) 581-7786 or stop by the Health Education Resource Center located in the Student Services Building.