Frequently Asked Questions
Many of your questions about the HERC can be found here. Look through our FAQs to see if your question is already here!
- What does the HERC do?
- Where is the HERC located?
- What is the difference between the HERC and Health Service?
- I want to make an appointment at the clinic. How do I do that?
- How can I request a program?
- I have a question about AlcoholEdu. Where do I go?
- I am interested in becoming involved in health and/or want to volunteer. What can I do?
- I am looking for alcohol information. Where do I go?
- I am looking for financial information. Where do I go?
- I am looking for nutrition information. Where do I go?
- I am looking for sexual health information. Where do I go?
- I am looking for tobacco information. Where do I go?
The HERC is a place for students to come and get free information about various health related topics. Because the HERC is a resource center, we encourage all students to see what we have to offer. The HERC can provide information on nutrition, sexual health, alcohol, tobacco, stress, relaxation, cold and flu, and any other health and wellness related topic. Students are welcome to take advantage of all the HERC can do for them. While programs may change from year to year, we always have something that is useful and helpful for you!
The HERC is located on 4th Street in the Booth House. We are across from Pemberton Hall. Come visit us!
The HERC is actually a part of Health Service. The difference is Health Service is treatment based, while the HERC is information based. Health Service is where you should go to see a provider if you are ill, need medicine or other physical treatment. The HERC is where you can get free information about health related topics. There are no providers at the HERC, but we do have plenty of educators!
To make an appointment at the Medical Clinic you have two options. First, you can call Health Service at 217-581-2727. Additionally, you can make an appointment online by visiting "Do It Yourself With Online Health."
You can request a program by completing our Program Request Form. For more information about the programs the HERC offers or what kind of programs we offer, visit the Program Request page.
Please visit the AlcoholEdu website.
We have just the group for you! The H.E.A.L.T.H. Peer Education group is a great way to learn about health and be able to volunteer and help others. Please visit the H.E.A.L.T.H. Peers page for more information about what a Peer Educator is and does. Additionally, you can contact the H.E.A.L.T.H. Peer Ed Coordinator for more information.
Please visit our Alcohol Education page.
Please visit our Financial Health page.
Please visit our Nutrition page.
Please visit our Sexual Health page.
Please visit our Tobacco Education page.