Collegiate Recovery Community
EIU Collegiate Recovery Community Panthers
United in Recovery
The EIU CRC provides an empowering environment where students living in, or seeking, long-term recovery from substance use disorders, mental health illness, and other quality of life concerns can successfully realize their goals of academic success and an improved quality of life. The EIU CRC mission is to help students maintain a sober and health lifestyle in order to fully engage in their academic, social, and personal pursuits. In the service of this mission, our aim is to:
- Provide a safe, supportive space for students with alcohol and drug issues to engage in sober activities with other recovering students
- Raise awareness about long-term recovery as a viable goal for students who struggle with addiction, as well as combat the stigma associated with alcoholism and drug addiction
- Foster supportive relationships with the friends, allies, and family members of those who struggle with addiction
Map shows Collegiate Recovery Communities in the United States
If you have any questions or would like to participate in building our community contact Amanda Harvey at email@example.com or (217) 581-7786.
Please note: Students may also find additional resources by clicking on any of the following links.
- Collegiate Recovery
- Transforming Youth and Recovery
- 2014 Collegiate Recovery Asset Survey Report