Student Employment Opportunities
The Health Service employs student workers to assist at the front desk with the day to day office and clerical duties. We are always on the lookout for good student workers to fill positions as needs arise!
Health Service Student Worker Requirements
- Ability to work at least 10 hours per week during Health Service office hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email, and in person
- Positively represent the Health Service and HERC
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Interest in health always a plus!
Health Service Student Worker Responsibilities
- Answering phones, taking messages, and directing callers to appropriate individuals or campus offices
- Greeting students, staff, and faculty that visit the Health Service
- Making appointments and checking patients in
- Filing, running errands, working on various projects
- Other duties as assigned
Specialized Student Worker Positions
- Certified Pharmacy Technicians - If you are currently a certified pharmacy technician, you may also be considered for employment through the Health Service Pharmacy as positions become available.
Ready to apply?
Note: The application form will only be active when we are seeking employees.
Click here to complete the Health Service Student Worker online application form.
**For employment opportunities available through the Health Education Resource Center, please visit the HERC website at www.eiu.edu/herc.