Alumni in Print
HA alumni and current students contribute to the field through publishing books, articles, and reviews.
Alumni: Please email Dr. Nora Pat Small with your latest publications.
- Loran Berg (HA 10), “The Farmers’ Tower: The Development of the Tower Silo,” Historia, vol. 20, 2011.
- Loran Berg (HA 10), “The Pineapple as Ornamental Motif in American Decorative Arts,” Historia, vol. 19, 2010.
- Amanda Bryden (HA 04), "An Angel's Footprints, Funky Folk Art, and a List of Dirty Laundry: Treasures of New Harmony," Indiana Historical Society, Traces, Spring 2014. Co-edited Spring 2014 edition.
- Chris Carron (HA 85) "The Grand Race: Making the City a Museum without Walls," Museum, May-June 2010 AAM Brooking Prize Winner.
- Cherie Cook “Assessment Tools for Advancing Your Museum,” with Elizabeth Merritt and Sara Gonzales, in cinnamon Catlin-Legutko and Stacy Klingler, eds., Small Museum Toolkit vol. 1: Leadership, Mission, and Governance.
- Neil Dahlstrom (HA 99) with Jeffrey Manber, Lincoln's Wrath; and The John Deere Story: A Biography of Plowmakers John and Charles Deere.
- Laura Daugherty (HA 06) "Pictures of the Past" MOMCC Magazine vol. 27, no.1; "Who's on First, Who's on Third? Interpretive Styles in Living History Museums," MOMCC Magazine vol. 27 no. 3.
- Merrilee Garner (HA 05) with Melissa Shoffner, "Against the Dirt," MOMCC Magazine, vol. 26, no. 3.
- Stephanie Gaub Antequino (HA 01) with Tana Mosier Porter, Images of America: Lost Orlando (Arcadia Publishing, 2012); Contributor, Public Relations and Marketing for Archives: A How-To-Do-It Manual (Neal-Schuman Publishers and the Society of American Archivists, 2011); Review of Photographs: Archival Care and Management, by May Lynn Ritzenthaler and Dian Vogt-O'Conner, Chicago Society of American Archivists, 2006, AASLH History News, vol. 63, no. 1 (winter 2008); “Photographs,” in Deborah Rose Van Horn, Heather Culligan, and Corinne Midgett, eds., Basic Condition Reporting: A Handbook.
- Joan Goodbody (HA 87), “Using Technology and Patents to Relate Local History to Museum Patrons,” Illinois Heritage Association, Technical Insert, Jan.-Feb. 2014 Insert No. 187.
- Chris Gordy (HA 97) "Diary of Carl H. Davis--Excerpts," MOMCC Magazine, vol. 26, no. 3.
- Susan M. Haake (HA 91) "The Return of the Hall Chair to Lincoln Home National Historic Site" CRM:Journal of Heritage Stewardship vol. 1, no. 1 (winter 2008).
- Lori Henderson (HA 11), “America’s Roadside Lodging: The Rise and Fall of the Motel,” Historia, vol. 19, 2010.
- Genia Hesser (HA 02) "Living with Lewis and Clark," MOMCC Magazine, vol. 26, no. 3.
- Emily Irwin (HA 12), “The Spermaceti Candle and the American Whaling Industry,” Historia, vol. 21, 2012.
- Patricia Kennedy (HA 05), "James Hall: A Figure in American Literature and Western History," MOMCC Magazine Vol.28, no. 2.
- Cate LiaBraaten (HA 14),“From ‘grim blot upon the landscape’ to Superior School: Progressivism’s Effect on the Space and Architecture of One-Room Schools,” Journal of Illinois History, vol. 17 (Summer 2014).
- Megan MacGregor (HA 07) "Creation in the Hand: The Life in Folk Art Dolls," MOMCC Magazine vol. 28, no. 2.
- Stephanie Lee Martin (HA 10), “The Architecture and Development of the Mary J. Booth Library,” Historia, vol. 20, 2011.
- Jeannine Pedersen (HA 97) Images of Aviation: Catalina By Air (Arcadia Publishing, 2008); Images of America: Catalina By Sea (Arcadia Publishing, 2006); Images of America: Catalina Island (Arcadia Publishing, 2004); The Art of Catalina Clay Products (Catalina Island Museum Society, 2001).
- Patty Phillips-Marshall (HA 81) with Jo Ramsay Leimenstoll, Thomas Day: Master Craftsman and Free Man of Color (University of North Carolina Press, 2010).
- Samantha Sauer, “Teaching the Value of ‘Stuff’: Appraising Material Evidence Public Programs,” Historia, vol. 21, 2012.
- Andrew Stupperich (HA 00) "Visions of Progress: Mattoon Free Street Fairs, 1897-1903," Journal of Illinois History, vol. 7 (winter 2004).
- Tamara Wolski (HA 09), “The World’s Columbian Exposition’s Lasting Effect on Chicago,” Historia, vol. 19, 2010.