Order of Omega
The Application to be part of the Fall 2014 Order of Omega class will be available in October.
Eastern Illinois University is proud to host a chapter of the Order of Omega to recognize the outstanding leadership of individual members of our fraternity and sorority community. The Order of Omega helps provide scholarship opportunities for students new to the fraternity and sorority community as well as seasoned leaders. The Order of Omega has taken on projects such as philanthropic support of St. Jude Children's Hospital as well as sponsoring our annual Greek Leadership Conference.
The purpose of the Order of Omega is:
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization that will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness.
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
To be eligible for membership in The Order of Omega, a student shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- One full academic year of residence in the institution where elected.
- Junior or Senior (undergraduate) standing.
- Rank academically above the all-Greek system average (combined fraternity and sorority).
- Be in good standing with their affiliated fraternal organization.
2014 Executive Board
President: Kaelin Kwiatkowsk
Vice President: Fallon Devlin
Secretary: Nikki Troia
Treasurer: Allie Fleming
Congratulations to the Spring 2012 Initiates of Order of Omega at Eastern Illinois University:
- Ashley Shereyk - Alpha Phi
- David Sims - Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Nicole Reichert - Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Carissa Elliott - Alpha Sigma Tau
- Jonathon Craig - Chi Phi
- Bradley Saribekian - Delta Chi
- Lauren Hipelius - Delta Delta Delta
- Kaitlyn Wimmerstedt - Delta Delta Delta
- Colleen Connery - Delta Delta Delta
- Anna Ordarczenko - Delta Zeta
- Daryl Howell - Sigma Nu
- Danielle Gangas - Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Jenna Day - Alpha Gamma Delta (Honorary)
- Dr. Heather K. Webb - Honorary
- Kelly Basden-Lawrie - Sigma Kappa (Honorary)
- Matthew Nance - Delta Upsilon (Honorary)
- David Arnold - Sigma Alpha Epsilon (Honorary)
Congratulations to the Fall 2011 Initiates of Order of Omega at Eastern Illinois University:
- Kaci Abolt - Alpha Gamma Delta
- Kelly Apfel - Alpha Gamma Delta
- Andrew Barzda - Sigma Nu
- Erika Butler - Kappa Delta
- Shawn Clary - Delta Delta Delta
- Rob Curtis - Lambda Chi Alpha
- Jaclyn D'Andrea - Zeta Tau Alpha (Honorary)
- Christopher DeSanto - Sigma Alpha Epsilon
- Brooke English - Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Glenn Herring - Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (Honorary)
- Ed Hotwagner - Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Karley Kammer - Kappa Delta
- Tiffany Leschke - Alpha Phi (Honorary)
- Lauren Newbold - Delta Zeta
- Tim Patula - Beta Theta Pi
- Brittany Ruffalo - Alpha Sigma Tau
- Hannah Siemer - Alpha Gamma Delta
- P.J. Thompson - Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (Honorary)
- Megan Tschopp - Alpha Sigma Tau
- Stephanie Wimmerstedt - Sigma Sigma Sigma
Applications to join the Order of Omega are available each fall and spring semester and new member initiation occurs twice a yer during those same semesters. For more information, please contact Dean Harwood, email@example.com, Director of Fraternity & Sorority Programs.