Common Mistakes to Avoid
Common mistakes made on the FAFSA
- Leaving items blank on the FAFSA. Nothing should be left blank. If the appropriate response is zero then enter zero.
- Always include household size and number in college.
- Make sure that Eastern Illinois University (001674) is listed as the first school of choice.
- Make sure the correct grade classification is listed, according to cumulative credit hours from all institutions attended, at the start of the academic year.
- To receive full consideration for all financial aid programs, you should complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1.