FCS 3000 Family Resource Management
Course Description: FCS 3000: (3-0-3)
Family resource management and management theory and application, including individual and family decision-making behavior related to acquisition and allocation of resources in socially responsible ways.
Prerequisite: C or better in both FCS 1000 and FCS 2000
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify management theories and their application within family and consumer sciences, specifically family resources.
- Examine resources related to aspects of human action including nutrition, environments, and textiles.
- Describe the effects of life cycle stages on decision-making regarding family resource issues.
- Analyze resource acquisition and allocation for the improvement of individual and family quality of life.
- Discuss issues related to socially responsible family resource management decisions.
- Describe the interrelationship of public policy and individual and family resource management.
- Apply the systems approach to management of various individual and family resources.