FCS 2000 Family Perspectives
Course Description: FCS 2000: (3-0-3)
Perspectives for understanding and analyzing family structure and function, interpersonal dynamics, individual family roles, the role of family in society, and the formative influence of heritage and culture.
Prerequisite: C or better in FCS 1000
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Analyze families and family systems from various situational, social, cultural, and professional perspectives.
- Identify theoretical perspectives and their applications related to understanding family dynamics and individual roles.
- Describe how family and community heritage and culture form family roles, traditions, rituals, values, and personal and family identity.
- Describe the impact of public policy on individuals and families at different stages in life cycle.
- Apply ethical professional practice standards.