This semester we are continuing some of our ongoing projects as well as hosting several workshops:
- Our Faculty Reading groups will get off the ground sometime in the first two weeks of semester
- Teaching Squares will likewise begin soon
- Faculty Mentoring will kick into high gear this semester as well
- We have new office hours (see sidebar), and will thus have new hours for Write-on-Site (coming soon!)
- In order to take advantage of the Mentor Commons resource, we will be hosting a few viewing parties throughout the semester to watch and discuss videos as a group
- In January we have a workshop on Grants and finding money for research
- In February we are hosting a GIS Beyond Geography workshop
- In March we have a workshop on Communicating Your Passion
- In addition to our other upcoming workshops, here are some of our ongoing initiatives:
Concerns about Yik Yak and analysis of MOOCs and online teaching were among the most popular stor...
Each year The Chronicl...
Professors who are on the tenure track carry out every moment of their professional lives with a ...
The Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities is expanding its support of “personal...
Google wants the artificial-intelligence software that drives the company’s Internet search...