M & W: Noon to 1; T & TH: 10-11; or by appointment.
Areas of Expertise
- Gender Issues
SOCIAL STUDIES/HISTORY EDUCATION: Authentic instruction, authentic assessment, historical thinking/literacy. ADOLESCENCE: educational psychology of adolescence, expressions of gender and sexuality, identification of and proactive involvement in various forms of bullying, interactions with and understandings of media.
EducationThe University of Iowa, Iowa City
Ph.D., Social Studies Education, May, 2009
- Dissertation title: Masculine Theme Expressions through Media Production in a Seventh Grade Social Studies Classroom; Dr. Bruce R. Fehn, Ph.D. advisor
- Comprehensive areas: Social studies education; Gender, identity, and adolescence; History of sexuality
M.A., Secondary Education (social studies education), December, 2000
- Endorsements: Secondary social studies in world history, American history, and psychology.
- B.A., History, May, 1999
- Social studies/history education methodology and assessment
- Elementary and middle level students' historical thinking and historical literacy
- Historical (mis)representations within children's literature
- Adolescents' social, emotional, and behavioral development
Contact InformationPhone: 217-581-5728
Thank you for your interest in our Experts Guide, which is a web-based Directory that provides information to allow you to directly contact a speaker independently after you review the information that is provided. This information is provided by the speakers themselves. The Eastern Illinois University Training and Development department makes no claims as to the accuracy of this information or the status of the professional licenses of any speaker listed in the directory. Use of the names and titles, or any of the information contained in this list, is prohibited without the expressed written consent of the individual speaker.
The identification of any individual in this Experts Guide in no way constitutes an endorsement or guarantee, either express or implied, of the competency, services, performance, or standards of practice of either the individual Speaker, or any business, company, corporation, or organization with which the individual may be affiliated.