M & W: Noon to 1; T & TH: 10-11; or by appointment.
Areas of Expertise
- Gender Issues
EducationThe University of Iowa, Iowa City
Ph.D., Social Studies Education, May, 2009
- Dissertation title: Masculine Theme Expressions through Media Production in a Seventh Grade Social Studies Classroom; Dr. Bruce R. Fehn, Ph.D. advisor
- Comprehensive areas: Social studies education; Gender, identity, and adolescence; History of sexuality
M.A., Secondary Education (social studies education), December, 2000
- Endorsements: Secondary social studies in world history, American history, and psychology.
- B.A., History, May, 1999
- Social studies/history education methodology and assessment
- Elementary and middle level students' historical thinking and historical literacy
- Historical (mis)representations within children's literature
- Adolescents' social, emotional, and behavioral development
Contact InformationPhone: 217-581-7881