Creative Writing Minor
The Creative Writing Minor requires 18 credits, with most (preferably all) in creative writing workshops.
Minor Requirements: 18 credit hours
- Required Course:
- ENG 2000 - Introduction to Creative Writing (3 credit hours)
Choose four courses - one of which must be 4000-Level
- ENG 3061 (2001) - Intermediate Nonfiction Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 4761 - Advanced Nonfiction Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 3062 (2003) - Intermediate Poetry Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 4762 - Advanced Poetry Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 3063 (2007) - Intermediate Fiction Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 4763 - Advanced Fiction Writing. (3 credit hours)
- ENG 3064 (2005) - Intermediate Dramatic Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENG 4764 - Advanced Dramatic Writing (3 credit hours)
A three credit hour electives may include any course in the Literary and Cultural Studies Emphasis (See English Major: Emphasis in Literary and Cultural Studies), and any of the courses listed in the 2015-2016 Catalog Entry for Creative Writing.
Creative writing students who want assistance selecting classes may consult with any member of the creative writing faculty, with one of the English Department advisers (Drs. Abella and Caldwell) or the chair of the creative writing committee (Dr. Pence).
Well-known, successful creative writers visit campus regularly to read their work: during the school year, check the English Department calendar for upcoming readings.
Many students in the Creative Writing Minor submit their work to Eastern's literary magazine, The Vehicle.