Checklist for Automation
- Are the Length, Height, Shape, Thickness, Weight, and Paper Weight all within specific tolerances?
- Is the address located in the OCR read area?
- Is it tabbed, glued, or sealed, if it is not a card? All must meet specific criteria.
- If you put anything but paper in the envelope, is it flexible enough for automated equipment?
- Do you plan to use security tints or paper with lines or patterns? Check with the Mail Services Supervisor.
- Does the address meet the required clearances with the window edge? Don't forget to take insert movement into consideration. Don’t use staples to keep enclosure in place.
- Does the window covering meeting reflectance tolerances, placement, and construction specifications?
- Is the print dark enough and the paper light enough to be easily read? (Black on white works best.)
- Is the return address in the correct location?
- Are graphics and logos located correctly in relation to the address? (Place above the delivery line, please.)
- If Campus Mail Services is applying the barcode, has a sample been approved by the Mail Supervisor?
- Are the addresses on you list properly formatted?
- Have you had your address files updated within the past year?
REMEMBER, it pays to consult with EIU Mail Services before printing!