Faculty and Staff
Dr. A. Désiré Adom
Office: 2355 - Coleman Hall
Frequently Taught CoursesECN 5441. Seminar in Monetary Theory
ECN 4973. Introduction to Econometrics
ECN 3972. Statistics Applied to Economics II
ECN 2801G. Principles of Macroeconomics
ECN 2800G. Economics of Social Issues
EducationPh.D., Economics, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
M.Sc., Economics, Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
Professional OrganizationsSouthern Economic Association (SEA)
ResearchInternational Economics, Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Economic Growth
Selected Publications- “Currency substitution in selected African countries,” Journal of Economic Studies, 2009, Vol. 36, Issue 6, pp. 616-640. (In collaboration with S. Sharma and M. Morshed.)
- “Economic integration in Africa,” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2010, Vol. 50, Issue 3, pp. 245-253. (In collaboration with S. Sharma and M. Morshed.)
- “Real Exchange Rates Fluctuations: The Case Study of ECOWAS,” African Development Review, 2012, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 79-92. (In collaboration with S. Sharma and M. Morshed.)
- “Investigating the Impacts of Intraregional Trade and Aid on Per Capita Income in Africa: Case Study of the ECOWAS,” Economics Research International, Vol. 2012, Article ID 297658, 15 pages, doi:10.1155/2012/297658
- “Beyond the CFA Franc: an empirical analysis of the choice of an exchange rate regime in the UEMOA,” Economic Issues, 2012, Vol. 17, Part 2, pp. 71-93.
- “Saving-Investment Gap and Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Simulated Evidence from Selected Countries in Africa,” British Journal of Economics Management and Trade, 2014, Volume 4, Issue 10, pp. 1585-1598. doi: 10.9734/BJEMT/2014/10588 (In collaboration with Nasr G. Elbahnasawy.)
- “Financial Development, Political Instability and the Informal Economy,” in collaboration with Nasr El-Bahnasawy, 2015.
- “Resilience of Developing Countries to Shocks: Case Study of WAEMU Countries with SUR and VAR Approaches," 2015.
Selected Conference PresentationsSouthern Economic Association (SEA), 2006, 2009, 2011
Midwest Economics Association (MEA), 2009, 2010, 2011
Missouri Valley Economic Association (MVEA), 2008, 2009
Illinois Economics Association (IEA), 2008, 2009