Priority Registration Procedures
- Earlier access to register for classes gives a student the opportunity to arrange a schedule with sufficient time for the Office of Student Disability Services (OSDS) to put in place auxiliary aids/accommodations such as interpreting services or books in alternative formats. It also allows a student to select specific course times/course locations/instructors that may be necessary as an accommodation for specific needs.
- Current students who are permanently registered with OSDS receive priority registration with some exceptions.
- Most interim students receive priority registration. Exceptions to this might include those students with temporary physical issues, such as a broken arm, etc.
- OSDS typically sends out a mass reminder email with instructions to students before priority registration begins (around the time that students can make appointments to meet with their academic advisor).
- Priority Registration Worksheet
- During the week of priority registration, students come in to OSDS on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Priority registration is the same week seniors register, so only freshmen, sophomores and juniors need to use priority registration.
- Students must have already had their meeting with their advisor and will be asked to provide OSDS with their alternate pin number prior to registration.
- If the student is advised within their academic department, they must contact their department to find out how and when they make appointments with their advisor.
- Some departments will not allow OSDS to register students for classes, so they will be registered as scheduled through the academic department.
Campus Support Services
- CASA Homepage
- Academic Advising
- Disability Services
- Student Success Center
- Testing and Evaluation
Contact Us!Office of Student Disability Services
Eastern Illinois University 600 Lincoln Avenue
Charleston, IL 61920
Ph: (217) 581-6583
Fax: (217) 581-7208