1. Apply to Graduate School, noting the MS in Nutrition and Dietetics as your preferred program. Please note there is a $30 application fee. You will be admitted provisionally until you are matched with our Dietetic Internship. Prospective graduate students who completed their undergraduate program at EIU, do NOT need to include transcripts in their application for Graduate School at EIU.
2. Complete and submit D & D Digital paperwork entering Eastern Illinois University as your match choice. Please note there is a one-time charge of $50 that will cover all DIs you apply to.
3. Complete and submit your application to the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). In your personal statement, be sure to include your strengths and weaknesses, long and short term professional goals, and how the EIU program will help you achieve your professional goals (limited to 1,000 words). For your letters of recommendation, one will need to be from a work supervisor and two from faculty.
4. Pay the DI application fee of $35 by mailing a check or money order payable to Eastern Illinois University to Melanie Tracy Burns, 600 Lincoln Ave, Family and Consumer Sciences, Charleston, IL 61920. This fee can be mailed in the same envelope with other materials (e.g. letters of recommendation for the MSND graduate assistantships) to Dr. Burns.
5. Apply, if interested, for a general EIU graduate assistantship. The MS in Nutrition and Dietetics program has three specific assistantships available: two who assist faculty in undergraduate coursework and one who coordinates the nutrition efforts on campus. To apply for one of the three specific Nutrition and Dietetics graduate assistantships, click here. You might also consider clicking on "select all" in the assistantship application, so that your assistantship application is available to all departments on campus.
Potential candidates for the MS in Nutrition and Dietetics must complete the required undergraduate dietetic courses (DPD) as evidenced by a valid Verification Statement, apply to EIU’s Dietetic Internship through DICAS, and when matched through D&D Digital, you will be admitted to the M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics.
If you have not completed the requirements listed above, you should discuss your options with the Dietetics Program Area Coordinator.