Nutrition & Dietetics |
1800 E. Lake Shore Drive
Decatur, IL 62521-3883
Site Coordinator: Kris Richman, MS, RD, LDN
- St. Mary's Hospital
- One of 13 hospitals in Illinois and Wisconsin that are part of the Hospital Sisters Health Network, St. Mary's has 371 beds and more than 1,200 employees. The hospital, founded by Franciscan Sisters, has provided compassionate care to the Decatur area for over 120 years.
- St. Mary's attractive 21acre campus overlooks Lake Decatur and houses the Surgery Center, Medical Arts and Lake Shore Medical Office Buildings, Central Illinois Sleep Disorders Laboratory and Pain Center, among others.
- The Medical Arts complex and Lake Shore Medical Office Building house over 35 physicians, specializing in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Nephrology, and Family Care.
- Decatur is a city of contrasting beauty, from its rolling green parks to its iron river of rails, from its scenic lakeshore to its old industrial skyline. It is diverse and friendly, and it exudes a Midwestern hometown charm that will linger in your memory. Decatur's industrial growth was propelled by the creation of Lake Decatur in the early 20th century. Today the city is home to a number of fortune 500 companies, including two of the world's largest agricultural processors. Millikin University is also located here
- St. Mary's Hospital is committed to delivering quality health care while offering healing, hope and compassion to all in need, with an expression of love and reverence for life.
Food Service Management
- A variety of experiences is offered in the following areas:
- Patient menu has a 16-day cycle offering select choices.
- Updated and remodeled cafeteria offers a wide variety on the menu and is a popular breakfast and lunch spot for employees and visitors.
- Catering opportunities ranging from small scale breakfasts to full-course dinners.
- Our staff includes a Food Service Manager, Food Production
Manager, and Chef.
- A comprehensive experience in all aspects of clinical nutrition is provided through:
- Inpatient care including critical care, med/surg, oncology, maternal/child, pediatric, and adult mental heath.
- Outpatient counseling including diabetes, gestational diabetes, weight loss/weight gain, GI disorders, renal disease and healthy eating.
- Community service events including health fairs, speaking engagements, diabetes screenings and cooking demonstrations.
Our staff of Registered Dietitians has a Clinical Manager and four staff dietitians including two Certified Diabetes Educators.