Dietetics MS |
1000 Health Center Drive
Mattoon, IL 61938
Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center is a 142 bed, not-for-profit, acute-care regional hospital employing more than 1,550. Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center is conveniently located on Route 16 between Charleston and Mattoon, only eight miles from the EIU campus. As a secondary care facility, the Health Center provides a full range of services to residents of Coles and the surrounding six counties, including Lincolnland Home Health, Lincolnland Hospice, In Home Medical, Mobile Mammography and Dental Program.
- Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
The Health Center's active and consulting medical staff includes 145 providers representing 28 specialties. Special services include a Regional Cancer Center, Behavioral Health Services, Women and Children's Services, Outpatient Surgery Center, Cardiac Catherization, and a full complement of Radiology and Laboratory services.
- Situated in East Central Illinois, the Charleston-Mattoon area is well represented in business and industry. Just eight miles south of Charleston is Fox Ridge State Park with numerous recreational opportunities. Home to more than 40,000 people, the Charleston-Mattoon area is full of friendly and diverse people.
- The mission of Sarah Bush Lincoln is to provide exceptional care for all and create healthy communities.
Food Service Management
- A variety of experiences are offered in the following areas:
- Food and Nutrition Services serves an average of 1500 meals daily to patients, staff, and the community.
- The restaurant style patient menu is a spoken menu presented to patients by the therapeutic diet clerks.
- Home delivered meal program is provided for the Charleston community.
- The Basement Bistro offers a wide variety of menu selections including healthy Fresh Start choices.
- Catering services range from small meals to full-course dinners.
- The staff includes 43.3 FTE: food service director, food service supervisors, registered dietitians, purchasing assistant, therapeutic diet clerks, secretary, and food service associates.
A comprehensive experience in all aspects of clinical nutrition is provided through:
- Inpatient care including critical care, medical/surgical, maternal/child, pediatric, adult care and behavioral health.
- Outpatient counseling includes diabetes, gestational diabetes, weight loss/weight gain, GI disorders, renal disease and healthy eating. Nutritional consultation is also provided to Hospice and Visiting Nursing Association.
- Community service events include health fairs, speaking engagements, weight management programs, diabetes screenings and diabetic education programs.
- The clinical staff includes four full-time Registered Dietitians, one of which is a Certified Diabetes Educator.