Visit Information - Undergraduate
Open House/Visit Days for Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Departmental faculty and students participate in EIU's five open house programs each year.
- Click to see open house dates for this year.
- From 10:00-11:30 on Open House Days
- Discuss the undergraduate major in Communication Disorders and Science with a CDS faculty member at the EIU Informational Fair
- In the Grand and University Ballrooms, 2nd floor, Union
- From 1:00-2:00 on Open House Days
- Showcase in the Department of Communication Disorders and Science (2nd floor of the Human Services Building, on 7th Street)
- Faculty members give overview presentation about the department and major
- Current students and faculty members are available for questions
- Faculty lead tour of the department
Location of CDS
The Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences at Eastern Illinois University is located in Charleston, a city of 20,000. The department is located on the second floor of the Human Services Center on Seventh Street, between Thomas Hall and Klehm Hall. Click here for directions.
This facility opened in fall 2003! It is equipped with classroom, laboratory, clinical and office space. The entire second floor — 11,460 square feet — is dedicated to the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences. The space includes eight diagnostic/treatment rooms, including:
- Large child and adult evaluation rooms.
- A closed-circuit television and video center for confidential viewing purposes.
- Two-way mirrors for observation in teaching.
- A research laboratory.
- A departmental library and materials resource center.
- A state-of-the-art technology-enhanced smart classroom.
- An audiometric suite.