National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
NSSLHA is a pre-professional organization for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in CDS. NSSLHA is an EIU registered student organization (RSO) that supports current students by providing social activities, volunteer opportunities, and information regarding the next steps in their professional-academic career. Events include:
- Campus wide events: Admitted Student Day, University Foundations Day, Panther Prowl, the annual health fair, and Relay for Life.
- Educational programs such as the graduate student-senior mentoring program, guest speakers, study abroad information, grad school preparation, and CPR training.
- Social events such as the Welcome Back Picnic, Halloweenie Roast, Spring Game Night, and the Spring Awards Banquet. There are 2 client-clinician parties for clients that receive services at the Eastern Illinois University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic.
NSSLHA Executive Board 2014-2015
For information regarding NSSLHA events and/or membership, contact Val Castle at email@example.com
The EIU Autism Center
The CDS department is planning to open a center that would provide clinical and consultation services for persons with autism and their families, provide outreach and in-service to education agencies, and enhance the clinical training of EIU graduates.
Donate to the EIU Autism Center
Procedure for online giving: Click on link below, specify gift amount, refer to the drop box- scroll down and select “Autism Resource Center" under the College of Sciences heading. Checks can be made payable to the EIU Foundation. In the memo line- write “Autism Center”.
NSSLHA is participating in the Illinois Marathon, located in Champaign-Urbana, to raise money for the EIU Autism Center.
- Register for the Illinois Marathon (5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, Full Marathon) taking place in Champaign-Urbana on April 2rd-25th, 2015.
- Participants that receive pledges of $50 dollars or more will receive a free dri-fit tee shirt to run in. Raise money for the EIU autism center. Find the pledge sheet to record donations here.
- Businesses that sponsor The Run for the EIU Autism Center with a donation of $100 dollars or more will have their name on the back of the dri-fit shirt for the participants running.
- For more information, email Haley Berlett at firstname.lastname@example.org
NSSLHA Upcoming Events
- Halloweenie Roast- October 30th at 5:30
- NSSLHA loves campaign
- NSSLHA Most Outstanding Graduate Student Scholarship