Communication Disorders and Sciences
The Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences provides high-quality academic and clinical instruction in an undergraduate program integrated with an accredited graduate program in speech-language pathology.
What differentiates our CDS department from others in the country?
- Faculty are available, friendly and helpful in facilitating students' career goals.
- Faculty members are actively engaged in practicing their profession through teaching, supervision, service on professional committees, attendance at conferences, and mentoring research.
- Students begin participating in clinical experiences during their undergraduate program.
- Students are successful at securing scholarships, awards, and acceptance for professional presentations.
- Students successfully pass national and state certification exams for professional practice, resulting in a 100 percent employment rate.
- Students and faculty enjoy what they are doing!
Why Choose EIU for Communication Disorders and Sciences?
Clinic Open Door