Faculty and Staff
- Faculty are available, friendly and helpful in facilitating students' career goals.
- Faculty members are actively engaged in practicing their profession through teaching, supervision, service on professional committees, attendance at conferences, and mentoring research.
- Dedicated Faculty have clinical expertise. All faculty members teach courses, advise, and supervise in clinic. Their first priority is teaching YOU!
Mrs. Beth L Bergstrom
Frequently Taught Courses
• CDS 4900/5900 Undergraduate and Graduate Clinical Practicum
• CDS 5910 Diagnostic Evaluations
• CDS 5400 Special Topic - Communication Disorders Related to Cleft Palate
• CDS 5400 Special Topic - EI Working with Families
• CDS 5400 Special Topic – Pediatric Feeding Disorders
Education1996 - M.S. - Eastern Illinois University
1994 - B.A. - Augustana College
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Illinois Speech-Language-Hearing Association
-Cleft Palate and Pierre Robin Sequence
-Literacy in Early Intervention
-AAC with individuals with apraxia and autism
-Theory of Mind
Selected Conference Presentations
-Bergstrom, B., & Becker, T. (2009). See Results through Aided Language Modeling. Presented for Closing the Gap. Minneapolis, Minnesota, October.
-Bergstrom, B., (2009).Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing. Presented for local NSSLHA. Charleston, IL, April.
-Bergstrom, B., & Becker, T. (2008). Language through literacy. Presented for STARnet, DHS King Center, Chicago, IL, August.
-Bergstrom, B., & Becker, T. (2007). Instructing parents how to facilitate language through literacy: The WHSPS program. Presented at East Central Illinois Speech-Language Hearing Association. Charleston, IL, June.
-Bergstrom, B., & Becker, T. (2007). Babies need books: Structured programs for caregivers of children 0-3. Presented at the Illinois Speech-Language and Hearing Associated State Convention, Chicago, IL, February.
-Faculty-Eastern Illinois University (2005-present)
-Consultation/Collaboration for 0-3 and school-age children
-Attend IEP staffings at local schools
-Development of funding reports for AAC devices
-Private practice in Speech-Language Pathology providing evaluation and skilled intervention with Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center in Mattoon, IL and Community Home Care in Sullivan, IL with a focus on Early Intervention services and home health