The Simple Steps to Becoming EIU
Any student who holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education and who wishes to be admitted to the Department of College Student Affairs and Student Development must complete the following:
Deadline for submitting materials: February 6, 2015 (NOTE: Please make application to the Graduate School in a timely manner to assure that the department receives the items by February 6th.)
Your MyEIU account is free and easy; all it takes is an email address to get started. You can even sign up via Facebook! Once you've logged into MyEIU, you can learn everything there is to know about Eastern and get information about everything the university has to offer — all tailored to your unique set of interests!
All students can apply to the graduate school through MyEIU. The graduate school requires:
- A complete online application
- A copy of your official transcripts
- A $30 application fee
Learn more about the Graduate School admissions process.
Please fill out the following application.
You'll be able to keep tabs on the status of your application through MyEIU; you'll receive a message when you have been officially admitted to EIU!
If you are interested in a graduate assistantship, you also need to submit a graduate assistantship application.
Graduate assistantships are typically awarded in accordance with the academic year. Assistantship applications are normally accepted through the middle of February; a decision for the next academic year comes within a month. For more information about graduate assistantships, please click here.
Now you're ready for your first semester at Eastern! Welcome to the EIU family! We're glad to have you, and we're confident you'll be glad you came!
Program Admission Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A complete application.
- Two departmental recommendation forms from individuals outside of the department familiar with applicant’s academic or work performance. (The department prefers academic references if possible). Recommendation form (pdf).
- A GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- All students admitted to the CSA program are required to have either a graduate assistantship or submit evidence of full-time employment in an institution of higher education or closely related educational organization.
- To assist you with this requirement, applicants requesting admission will be required to attend CSA Days on February 22-24, 2015. Please review this important information regarding CSA Days. This web page allows registration for CSA Days and indicates graduate assistantships available.
- Students who plan to (study) attend the program on a full-time basis will be given priority in admission to the program.
The following materials must be submitted to the Department before attending CSA Days:
- Graduate School Application
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Departmental Admission Application
- Two Recommendation Forms.
Not submitting materials requested may result in admission being denied. Students are not eligible for financial aid until departmental admission is completed.