- CEPS Development Faculty Grant Application Guidelines 2011-12 (pdf)
- CEPS Development Student Grant Application Guidelines 2011-12 (pdf)
- CEPS Development Grant Ratings Form 2011-12 (pdf)
Welcome to the Eastern Illinois University College of Education and Professional Studies Grants and Contracts Office. We are here to assist EIU CEPS faculty and staff in writing grant proposals and to administer the subsequently awarded grants. Following are some of the services we provide:
EIU Grant Services for CEPS Faculty
- Grant-Seeking Resources
- Federal register (in Office of Grants and Research).
- Links to websites: United States Department of Education, Illinois State Board of Education, Illinois Board of Higher Education, etc.
- Periodic (approximately monthly) e-mail from American Association of State Colleges and Universities (Grants Resource Center) forwarded from OGR.
- Written reference materials include:
- Guide to Technology Grants (AASCU-GRC)
- New Investigator Guide (AASCU-GRC)
- Guide to Grant Seeking on the Web
- National Guide to Foundation Funding in Higher Education
- The Foundation Directory
- IRIS — searchable database from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Requests for proposals (RFPs) directly from funding agencies.
- Grant Writing Support
- Editorial (proofreading).
- Budget development assistance.
- Budget proofreading.
- Experience with similar grants or funding agencies.
- Clerical assistance (getting proposal through Eastern's approval process and mailing to funding agency.
- Grant Administration Support
- Clerical and accounting support supervision (if support is paid by the grant and administered through the CEPS grants office).
- Assistance with EIU administrative policies and procedures involving:
- Grant accounting.
- Business Office (budgets, payments).
- Grants and research.
- Other departments.
- Bookkeeping liason (if clerical support is not administered through the CEPS grant office - assistance with setup and troubleshooting of grant financial records).
Grant Proposal Information
In addition to the grant proposal content supplied by the grant writers themselves, a great deal of other information is required for a grant proposal. Some of this may not be readily accesible to faculty and staff:
Internal Grant Competitions
- Council on Faculty Research (CRF) grants administered through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Sources of internal funding.
- Summer research awards are also administered through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- CEPS telefund research/creative activity grants are administered by the CEPS research committee, headed by Gloria Leitschuh (CSD).
External Grant Competitions
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Board of Higher Education — Grants.
- United States Department of Education — Grants.
- National Science Foundation
CEPS Grant News
If you have any news or other items of interest, please submit them to Mary Bower.
CEPS Scholarly Activities
If you have any articles, publications, presentations, conferences, projects or other items of interest, please submit them to Mary Bower.
CEPS Faculty Research Interests Database
This portion of the CEPS grants website is currently under construction. It will consist of a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet listing all of the CEPS faculty and their research interests so that any CEPS faculty can review this database for faculty with similar research/creative activity interests.
Our office will contact all CEPS faculty this fall to set up this database. Since we will be updating this database continually, please let us know if you would like to make any changes.
CEPS Grants and Programs Reference
This portion of the CEPS grants website is currently under construction. It will consist of a Microsoft Word document listing all current CEPS grants and programs for your review.
CEPS Grants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Where is the CEPS grants office located?
A: 2303 Buzzard — northwest corner of the second floor.