Apr 24, 2017


Human Resources

The Human Resources Department would like to thank everyone who helped make the 2017 Years of Service Reception a success. We would also like to congratulate all the honorees and thank them for their dedicated years of service to EIU! Any honoree who was unable to attend the reception but met their anniversary date in 2015 or 2016, may pick up their certificate and/or pin in the Human Resources Employment Office, Room 2020, Old Main. Please call 581-3463 if you have any questions.

CAROL A. GALEY, Human Resources
Posted: Apr 21, 2017

The 2017 Benefits Choice period is approaching. During the entire month of May, employees are able to make changes to their benefit elections. This year, employees are being asked to make these changes through the MyBenefits web portal rolled out by Central Management Services' benefits administrator, Morneau Shepell. Every employee will need a log-in and password in order to access the system. Please consider going to the MyBenefits website in advance of May to log in for the first time. If you need assistance signing up, the Benefits Services Office will be conducting training sessions from 9-11 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. Thursday, April 27, in the Charleston/Mattoon Rooms, MLK Jr. Union. Anyone needing to access this new self-service portal is welcome to attend. Whether you are making changes or not, access to this system will allow you to view your elections and give you access to other information related to your benefits. This is an exciting improvement that provides you the ability to be in control and informed. Don't delay!!!

LINDA C. HOLLOWAY, Benefits Services
Posted: Apr 06, 2017

Summer is quickly approaching! Have you filled out your Summer Flex Schedule yet? If not, click here to complete your form today. This year's summer hours run from Monday, May 8, through Friday, Aug. 11. Questions should be directed to the Human Resources Office at 581-5825 or by emailing humanres@eiu.edu.

LINDA C. HOLLOWAY, Benefits Services
Posted: Apr 01, 2017

Any employee who is terminating from the university for any reason should always contact the Human Resources Employment Office as soon as you know your last day of work. There is an exiting process that requires everyone to complete a Clearance Sheet before leaving campus. Faculty and administrative employees should provide a resignation/retirement letter to their chair or director and copy the appropriate VP. Civil Service employees need to call first with their last day worked and then come to the HR Employment Office to complete termination paperwork before receiving the Clearance Sheet. If you have any questions about the exiting process, please call the HR Employment Office at 581-3463.

CAROL A GALEY, Human Resources
Posted: Apr 01, 2017

Next Section