Center for Online Learning (COL)
Online Course Development Institute (OCDI)
The OCDI is a self-directed training series in which the participant completes readings and learning activities in an effort to incorporate best practices in the development of an online course. The instructor must complete activities in all 12 content modules, submit an online course for peer review at the end of the training, and conduct a peer review for another course in order to earn a certificate of completion. The peer review process is only conducted once at the end of each semester.
Content: The training portion of the OCDI consists of twelve online modules.
- Module 1: Getting Started
- Module 2: Instructional Design for Online Courses
- Module 3: Organization and Goals
- Module 4: Assessment of Student Learning
- Module 5: Learning Guides and Activities
- Module 6: Course Content
- Module 7: Best Practices and Online Course Guidelines
- Module 8: Navigation, Web Design, and Accessibility
- Module 9: Communication, Interaction, and Facilitation
- Module 10: Assessment Revisited
- Module 11: Technology Tools and Learner Support
- Module 12: Online Course Submission and Peer Review in Quality Matters
The training portion of the OCDI is self-directed. Registration may occur at any time throughout the year.
To Register for the OCDI, send your name, department, email address, and office phone number to Julie Lockett at email@example.com.
Director of Instructional Technology Services
Center for Online Learning
Center for Academic Technology Support
Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL 61920
Voice: 217.581.8449; FAX: 217.581.7998
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web: http://cats.eiu.edu