Faculty Training GA
The position is responsible for assisting CATS training Center as a support person to facilitate the effective integration of technology into the teaching or learning process.
Position Title: GA for Training & Development
Project Supervisor: Antoine Thomas
Employment Status: Part time (19 hours per week)
Period: Minimum 1 year
The Center for Academic Technology support (CATS), is a campus resource center for a variety of services and technological solutions. CATS is committed to supporting and promoting all academic departments in the use of information and communication technologies for teaching and learning at Eastern Illinois University.
CATS Training Center also promotes and supports research and development of creative, innovative, and effective uses of established and emerging technologies by the university community.
The position is responsible for assisting CATS Training Center as a support person and to facilitate the effective integration of technology into the teaching/learning process.
- Design and Coordinate GA trainings
- Conduct, compile, analyze survey results
- Update content on CATS/ TECnet website
- Plan, design and coordinate the Human Resource Management (HRM) function for CATS Graduate Assistants
- Assist Creation of technology-enhanced materials for instruction
- Offering technology support to faculty, staff and students
- Help the faculty and staff in learning the use of instructional technologies in a variety of environments
- Conduct and Assist in technology training and information sessions for faculty, staff, and students
- Assist the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of materials for courses and programs
- Learn new technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Acceptance into a degree-awarding graduate program
- 3.0 GPA in current graduate work or 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Proficient written and oral communication
- Adaptable / flexible to the changing needs of the campus and technology
- The ability to work under a deadline
- The ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously and flexible to transition back and forth between projects
- Good organization skills
- Some relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint