Dr. Richard (Zhe) Wang, CMA
Office: 3615 - Lumpkin Hall
the use of accounting information in equity valuation in the stock market, and has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
Victoria University of Wellington (VUW) and the Australian National University (ANU).
Frequently Taught CoursesIntermediate Accounting; Financial Accounting Standards (MBA); Accounting from a Managerial Perspective (MBA), Managerial Accounting.
- PhD in Accounting (2010), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- BCA with Honours (1st Class) in Accounting (2006), Victoria University of Wellington
- BCA in Accounting & Commercial Law (2005), Victoria University of Wellington
Professional OrganizationsInstitute of Management Accountants, CFA Institute.
For more information, please visit the Speakers Bureau Webpage.
Career planning for international students and the accounting/finance majors. How to use accounting information to improve business decision-making. Doing business in the Asia-Pacific rim, particularly in China, New Zealand and Australia.
ResearchFinancial Statement Analysis, Equity Valuation, Fair Value, Accounting Conservatism, Corporate Strategy.
- Measures of Accounting Conservatism: A Construct Validity Perspective (2009), Journal of Accounting Literature, with Ciaran O Hogartaigh and Tony van Zijl.
- The Asymmetric Market Valuation of Nonrecurring Items and Accounting Conservatism (2012). Academy of Business Journal, Vol. 2.
- Operating Risk and Accounting Conservatism: An Empirical Study (2013), The International Journal of Business and Finance Research.
- The Hidden Message in AFS Securities of US Banks, (2014), The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, with Menghistu Sallehu.