Giving Opportunities in Support of the School of Business
Each year, the School of Business raises funds to support academic programs, student professional development, faculty development, and special needs of the School by soliciting our alumni through telephone and direct mailing efforts. These annual funds are typically used to support student travel to conferences, student field trips, student research, and the School's operations.
Priority Funding Needs
In addition to these very important annual gifts that are shared through the generosity of alumni and friends, the School of Business has established Priority Funding Needs for major gifts to support student and faculty excellence.
Special gifts are funds that assist with major needs of the School of Business. These gifts are usually sought during a campaign for a major program initiative, a Center for Excellence, facilities improvement, distinguished professorships, or other major project requiring significant financial support.
Deferred giving includes gifts in the form of bequests, trusts, gift annuities, insurance policies, real estate, pension plans, and other accumulated assets. The assistance of a gift planning professional, attorney, banker, trustee, and financial planner may be needed in making these gifts. The Director of Philanthropy can provide valuable assistance in coordinating these professionals and insuring the intended use of the gift.
Give a Gift Online Now!
To give a gift online, visit https://www.eiu.edu/giving.php, and select where your gift will go within the School of Business:
- Accounting: Gifts to this account specifically support the Accountancy Program, its students, and its faculty.
- Business Administration (Parkland): Gifts support the BSB at Parkland Program.
- Finance: Gifts to this account specifically support the Finance Program, its students, and its faculty.
- Management: Gifts to this account specifically support the Management Program, its students, and its faculty.
- Management Information Systems: Gifts to this account specifically support the Management Information Systems Program, its students, and its faculty.
- Marketing: Gifts to this account specifically support the Marketing Program, its students, and its faculty.
- MBA Program: Gifts support EIU's MBA Program, our graduate students, and the graduate faculty in the School of Business.
- School of Business: Gifts support many different initiatives of the School, including, but not limited to: faculty and student travel to conferences, registered student organization initiatives, professional development activities, and improvements to the School's technology infrastructure and facilities.
- Securities Analysis Center: Gifts directed to the Center directly support student learning and faculty research through the state-of-the art technology in the Center.
Inquiries About Giving:
Christina D. Donsbach, MBA
Office of University Development
Director of Development
Phone: (217) 581-5190