College to Career: Certification
Why do I need certification showing completion of the College to Career Program?
- Certification shows potential employers that you are a cut above, that you are ready to bring all of your polish and skills to the career that you are about to start.
- By tracking your progress as you complete the program, you will personally benefit from seeing your growth and being reminded of the importance of the activities you're completing and the events you're attending.
How do I receive certification showing completion of the College to Career Program?
- Resources: Follow the instructions for completing the program that are found here on the website, in the College to Career brochure, and on the checklist cards at the back of your brochure. To track your progress electronically, click here for the checklists in .pdf format--you can track your progress and save changes as you complete the activities and attend events.
- Academic Year Activities: Each of your academic years, freshman through senior, complete the checklist cards at the back of your College to Career brochure to show completion of the activities.
- Beyond the Classroom: Attend at least two events each academic year and fill in the information on your "Beyond the Classroom" checklist card.
- Completion: During your senior year, after you have completed the program, turn in your completed checklist cards to the School of Business Student Center in Lumpkin Hall 2051.
What if I have more questions?
- You can always contact the School of Business Student Center staff if you have questions about any aspect of the College to Career Program. They are located in Lumpkin Hall 2051, 217-581-3528, or firstname.lastname@example.org.